Hon ble President of India receives first copy of a book INTO THE OBLIVION
The book on Cancer Care is authored by Dr. A.P. Maheshwari and Mrs. Vineeta Chandak
New Delhi, August 22,2014: The President of India receives the first copy of a book on cancer care, titled ‘INTO THE OBVLIVION’ at the Rashtrapati Bhawan today. The book was presented to the President by the brother-sister duo and the co-authors of the book, Dr. A.P. Maheshwari and Mrs. Vineeta Chandak.
Dr. A.P. Maheshwari, an I.P.S. officer of 1984 batch said “We are honored to present the first copy of our book to the President. I am also thankful to Dr. M.C. Misra, Director AIIMS, New Delhi who wrote the foreward for the book. The book highlights topics ranging from assistance from loved ones, guidelines for lifestyle management, survivorship and more. The book is written to assist patients and caregivers from the first day of diagnosis to the last day of treatment.”
According to Dr Maheshwari, the book also narrates his mother’s battle with cancer and is an introspective tale that challenges readers to reflect not only on death, but also on life, its meaning and the ultimate purpose of our human existence.
The book is a medium to create awareness amongst its readers about the modalities of managing life in all its shades. The book has listed down the do’s and the don’ts that needs to be followed when a family member is struck with the dreaded disease. The book has included several topics related to the disease including:
- The intricacies of cancer, its treatment and its limitations as of today
- The diverse psycho – behavioural dimensions and the gentle care of patients by their caretakers which makes a huge difference in the suffering patient’s ability to cope with this threatening disease
- Specific guidelines for lifestyle management and preventive health care measures to be adopted in general
- Women empowerment amidst the still in practice diverse social taboos and other such limiting factors
- Familial ties, values and a litmus test of social relationships
- Special tips on palliative care
- The healing power of spirituality
- Culmination in the penultimate state of maturity and acceptance
A public launch is in the offing very shortly.
The book has been published by Ocean Books Pvt Ltd, New Delhi (www.oceanbooks.in)
About the Book
The book is based on the true life experiences of author’s mother, a simple uneducated lady hailing from a remote village in Rajasthan. The story is dotted with simple engaging real life anecdotes that depict how she spread happiness throughout life even after she was diagnosed as suffering with cancer.
About the Authors:
- A.P. Maheshwari is an IPS officer of 1984 batch from Lucknow, U.P Cadre. He did his MBA from Poddar Institute of Management, Jaipur. He is a resident of Soami Bagh Agra and was decorated with many awards which include the President Medal for distinguished services and the Police Medal for gallantry. He has authored many books based on his real life experiences. One of his books was adorned with the ‘Govind Vallabh Pant’ award. He is presently on deputation with the CRPF in Delhi.
Mrs. Vineeta Chandak, a post graduate in Political science, is a Community Volunteer undertaking various social service initiatives in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh and lives there with her family.
For more information please contact:
PR 24×7 Network Ltd.