DISCOVERY PRESENTS ITS INDIA GROWTH STRATEGY
11 DIFFERENTIATED NETWORKS, 6 UNIQUE GENRES
TO LAUNCH 100 PREMIERE SERIES
New Delhi: One of India’s leading broadcasters Discovery today presented its growth strategy, underlining its commitment to satisfy the curiosity and aspirations of millions of Indian viewers through its differentiated 11 networks.
During the meet, the company’s Executive Vice President and General Manager – South Asia, Rahul Johri underscored the company’s expansion drive, unveiled wide-ranging premiere content and presented the upcoming India productions. A pioneer in multiple genres such as factual, lifestyle, kids, high-definition, regional and Hindi entertainment; the company announced to launch more than 100 high quality, multi-genre series catering to the interests, passions and demands of children, youth, women, men and families.
The company showcased the thrilling and captivating content of its new and refreshing Hindi entertainment channel ID- INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY.Offeringcompelling True Stories of investigation, crime and suspense, IDprovides fascinating accounts of human naturethrough alluring series, in-depth specials and thought-provoking one-offs.
Discussing the strategy, Rahul Johri, Executive Vice President and General Manager – South Asia and Head of Revenue, Pan-Regional Ad Sales and Southeast Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific,said, “We have tripled our networks in India in the last five years. Today, we operate in six unique genres through our robust portfolio of 11 networks reaching a cumulative 240 million homes in five languages. We will continue to strengthen our leadership and make investments in content, communication and availability across all our networks and deliver an unmatched experience to millions of viewers across urban and rural India.”
100 NEW SERIES ACROSS ITS 11 NETWORKS IN THE LAST QUARTER OF 2014
This will capture a wide-spectrum of categories ranging from adventure, survival, cuisine, travel, space, gadgets, natural history, fashion, pets, auto, engineering and reality amongst others. Some of the upcoming titles include:
• DISCOVERY CHANNEL: GOLD RUSH, GAME OF STONES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, MAROONED & BEAR GRYLLS EXTREME SURVIVAL CAUGHT ON CAMERA
• TLC: CAKE BOSS, CELEBRITY STYLE STORY, HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO, HELL’S KITCHEN
• ANIMAL PLANET: RIVER MONSTERS, LIFE STORIES & DEADLY POLE TO POLE
• DISCOVERY KIDS: KISNA, MISTER MAKER, TRANSFORMERS ENERGON, BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES – KHUMBA and STAN LEE’S MIGHTY 7
• ID: ESCAPED, MOBSTER CONFESSIONS, EXTREME FORENSICS & SOLVED
• DISCOVERY SCIENCE: THROUGH THE WORMHOLE WITH MORGAN FREEMAN, SUPERHUMAN SCIENCE & HOW IT’S MADE
• DISCOVERY TURBO: AIR CRASH CONFIDENTIAL, THE FIGHTERS&WHEELER DEALERS:TRADING UP
• DISCOVERY HD WORLD: TREEHOUSE MASTERS & MIGHTY SHIPS
• ANIMAL PLANET HD WORLD: TANKED, WORLD’S CUTEST & DOGS 101
• TLC HD WORLD: PROJECT RUNWAY, ANTHONY BOURDAIN NO RESERVATIONS & 1000 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE
Discovery has upped the Indian content on its channels producing over 100 hours in the last two years. The company presented its three new path-breaking India productions that will soon be launched on Discovery Channel. Gujarat’s Rannwill come alive in one of a kind programme – REVEALED: RANN OF KUTCH that will showcase the region’s geology, history, culture, people and wildlife. A first ever, start-to-finish account of the staggering logistical feat of putting together the world’s largest election will be presented in REVEALED: WORLD’S BIGGEST ELECTION.Lesser known facets of India’s vibrant cultural practices, fascinating living traditions, unique art forms and amazing natural phenomena will be captured in INDIA LIVING TRADITIONS. Discovery Kids along with leading filmmaker Ketan Mehta will present its first animation based India series KISNAin October.
Discovery’s current portfolio in India includes 11 channels: Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, ID ,TLC, Discovery Kids, Discovery Science, Discovery Tamil, Discovery Turbo, Discovery HD World, TLC HD World and Animal Planet HD World and Discovery Channel Magazine.
For further information, contact:
PR24x7 Network Limited